There are so many reasons to come down to 30a and spend your vacation. From the restaurants, like the Vue on 30a, to the beaches. Santa Rosa Beach has any and everything that you need to have a fun-filled vacation. Why not take your vacation to the next level and spend the day paddleboarding? Take in the breathtaking views of and explore the natural beauty that most tourists don’t get to see. Here are 5 health benefits and 3 great spots to go paddleboarding.
- It gets you outside: Studies have shown that just 20 minutes of outdoor time, increases your energy and is like drinking a cup of coffee. Being outside in the sun also gives you the appropriate amount of vitamin D our bodies need to help with inflammation, absorbing calcium, and helps prevent osteoporosis.
- Stress reliever: Being surrounded by nature is proven to help with our stress. Being disconnected with our phones and just enjoying being present, listening to the sound of the water, and enjoying the fresh air will help push away all those negative emotions from being stuck at work all day.
- Full-body work out: Every day more and more Americans are becoming overweight. Being on a paddleboard works out your core, back, arms, legs, and your mind. Pushing the water with the paddle and fighting with the water, is a great way to get in shape and get active.
- It helps with digestion: How can being on a paddleboard help with your digestion? Well, being outside and being exposed to different microbes, dirt, and water will increase your digestive health and improve the gut flora which is the cause of lots of different health issues. By allowing our guts to digest different proteins and not allowing them to enter our bloodstream, we will feel better and avoid health problems in the future like arthritis, Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth, Celiac disease, and even allergies.
- Improves posture: Because of all the muscles you are using to keep you balanced, paddleboarding is a great way to improve your posture. We are a society that spends lots of time, sitting at desk typing on computers. By being on the paddleboard, you will get to exercise those stabilizing muscles and work on your balance which will give you the posture we as humans are supposed to have.
To learn more about us at Coastal Inspirations, click the link.